Currently we don't have any timetable as to when or if Dual Monitor support will be added. I would assume that in the future this feature will be supported, but as for an estimate, i'm sorry that I don't have one.
In actuality you can "run" ZoomText with multiple monitors, but at best one screen will be magnified. We don't support this, nor have we tested with it so I would make sure you backup all your important data before doing any of the instructions I list below:
First to install disable the secondary device: (you can skip this if you’ve already installed)
1. Click the Windows Start button.
2. Choose Control Panel.
3. If the Control Panel is set to show categories, choose Performance and Maintenance. (If the Control Panel is set to Classic View, skip to step 4.)
4. Choose the System icon.
5. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab.
6. Click the Device Manager button.
7. Double click 'Display adapters'.
8. Right click on the device ending in 'Secondary'.
9. Select Disable from the list.
10. Restart your computer.
After ZoomText has been successfully installed, you will have to do the following to have multiple monitors working in conjunction with ZoomText:
Navigate to the C:\\Program Files\\ZoomText 8.1 folder
Open the TestSupp.ini file
Add the following under the [Test Support] heading:
Re-enable the secondary device in the Device manager
Hi, I was going to try performing this option on my ZoomText but my TestSupp.ini dos not have CheckForMultipleDspDevices=0, here is a copy of my file:
I am running Windows XP and ZT 8.1 with all updates. Thanks.